Accomplished Family Law Attorneys In Chicago

Mediation Services

Family or divorce mediation can be effective so that divorcing couples can reach agreements to which they are both satisfied. Mediation is a confidential process where your privacy can be greatly protected. Any and all issues can be mediated, including, but not limited to, division of marital assets, child custody and support, and alimony payments. Ultimately, through mediation, the hope is to avoid the time and expense of further litigation. Caesar & Bender, LLP, is one of the few law firms that has extensive experience mediating in situations that include domestic violence. It takes a strong personality to ensure that both parties in the mediation remain on a level playing field.  

What Does A Mediator Do?

Mediation is a type of alternative dispute resolution, which means you can resolve your issue outside of court.  A family law divorce mediator helps both parties understand their own needs, as well as the needs of the other party and the children. Mediators work with the parties to develop creative solutions and facilitate long lasting agreements that are advantageous to both parties. Unlike divorce litigation, mediation services have the added benefit of being confidential, making them the ideal solution for couples that wish to keep their personal and financial matters private.

Am I Required To Have A Mediator?

In any domestic relations case, you may be ordered to attend mediation. All agreements reached at mediation, however, require your approval. You should not be forced to accept terms that make you uncomfortable. Never forget that this is your agreement, and you have to abide by its terms. Note that court-ordered mediation may be excused if there is danger to one or both parties, such as threats of domestic violence.

Talk With Us Today

Mediation may be initiated at any stage of a divorce, even before filing. Contact Caesar & Bender, LLP today to learn more about divorce and family mediation services. Schedule a free initial consultation by sending an online message or calling 312-815-6141.